My first music competition

i joined the sarawak music competition that was organized by Trinity Guildhall. Actually i'm not really sure why i joined, but my teacher said that it will help me gain the experience and confidence.

Upon arrival, I realized my group consisted of the most people, they all looked like professionals, and mind you, they even played like professionals. I was contestant no. 6, i was not really that nervous, i had no expectation of winning anyway. But it was the pressure from the audience that made me nervous.

When it was my turn, i went up, bowed and sat down. The piano keys were really soft, so i sort of rushed the tempo and i forgot some notes in the middle. But this feeling in the spotlight was really different, i felt like i was in my own world, it felt like i was practicing at home, i was really fighting the urge to stop playing.haha. At first when i started i was really nervous, but the image of that someone suddenly popped in my mind and i was at ease. Nevertheless, there were lots and lots of slipped notes, but who cares. I can't believe i had the guts to perform in front of an audience. =D


i would have taken some pictures, but they didn't allow it. =(

School's starting tomorrow..*sigh*
Goodbye holiday.

Comments

Popular Posts