Listen

Last night I talked to one of my best friends and was telling her about all the problems I've been facing. She was supportive as usual. She listened and I really appreciated it. Because you grow up to realize not everyone knows how to listen. It's true when they say sometimes all you need is a listening ear. We both knew that this problem that I'm facing can't be solved but she was there to listen. That was all I needed. Someone patient enough to listen. I can't thank her enough for that.

She made me realize that I got myself caught up in a cycle of a mess. No matter what i did, I will still end up in that same spot. Saying the same words, feeling that same rage. She told me to just let it go, take a breath and forget about it. And it hit me hard. Because it was true. There was no point in being bothered by it. There was no solution. Only acceptance. I am who I am because of my actions. I do not want to do anything to hurt anyone. I don't want any unnecessary regrets. Hold your breath, count to the tens, bite your tongue. Do whatever you have to do. You do not want to end up like that.

Note to future self: You have changed. Accept this fact. YOU HAVE CHANGED. But you can learn something from this. You cannot let it consume you. You must not succumb to it. You are stronger than this. Be the person you want to be. Take this negative energy and make some good out of it. You may not be the same person anymore but that's okay. Forgive yourself. Love yourself more. It's okay to be different. This could be a good thing. Find another way. Pray better. Look to God. He will lead you. You're going to look back on this and thank the person who changed you.

Breathe
Let it go

Repeat

Comments

Popular Posts