I need to get this out.

To the one I gave up on,

Thoughts of you and me have been resurfing in my mind lately. And it fills my heart with a sense of guilt and nostalgia. I miss you. To the point where I am always so attempted to contact you again. But I think it just all boils down to the fact that you're with someone new now and I'm still very much single. And most probably I will be this way for a long time.

I guess the sudden addition of someone into the picture of us in my mind just provoked me in ways I am ashamed to admit. You're happy now after how much I've hurt you. You've finally found a better place now after all the angst I have put you through. But I think about you a lot lately. Maybe it's loneliness, or maybe it's just me being a jerk.

I often picture you and me together doing stuff that we made promises about. But don't worry, I won't do anything nor will I say anything to you until I've got all this emotion under control. I am well aware that we won't and we can't work. I get it. I wish my brain would just comprehend that.

I'm sorry how loneliness comes to me so easily. Must be the stress. Must be me.

I'm lost for words. I wish you and your significant other all the happiness the world can shower on you both. Take care.






Puddles, 
They used to make me smile,
Not anymore.
Our jokes, our laughter,
they ring in my mind
only to bring back the pain.

Comments

Popular Posts